|| Release date
|| Change log
|| Download links
|| 25th January, 2015
This is an update release for version 15. It is not a stand-alone release.
You must download version 15, and then replace the appropriate files in it with the updated versions in this release.
- Added a bunch of battle log messages.
- Rearranged and renamed some script sections.
- Added method
poke.formNoCall=(value) which sets the form without calling the "
onSetForm" proc for it (for use with wild/NPC trainers' Pokémon).
- Added methods
- The Bag now automatically repartitions itself if the number of pockets changes.
pbPickBerry now accepts symbols.
- Sped up the animations at the start of battles.
- Throwing rocks and bait in Safari Zone battles is now a little quicker.
- Added move effect for Last Resort.
| Bug fixes:
- Fixed bugs with the berry plant system.
- Fixed berry plant growth sparkle causing crashes.
- Genderless and female Pokémon can no longer pass down egg moves or TMs/HMs when breeding with Ditto.
- Fixed typo that may have crashed old save files being used in new versions of Essentials.
- Fixed trainer event compiler indent bug.
- The map BGM now plays again after an egg hatches.
- Fixed display bug with Move Relearner.
- In the Summary screens for Pokémon in storage, the current Pokémon's cry no longer repeats itself if you try to move to the next/previous Pokémon but there isn't one (only empty spaces).
- The game no longer crashes when using the Debug option to fill the PC but there are more species defined than spaces available.
- Free text name entry now shows NPC icons when naming them.
- Fixed crash when choosing to name a newly hatched Pokémon.
- Fixed typo in code that checks if a Pokémon can fall asleep.
- Fixed bug with Poison Heal.
- Fixed Present not working.
- Fixed Shell Bell always restoring 1HP.
- Moody no longer freezes the game if it can't find a stat to raise and/or lower.
- Fixed Hustle AI.
- Fixed bug that prevented wild Pokémon from moving half the time.
- Opponents in trainer battles now send out their first unfainted Pokémon at the start, rather than their first Pokémon (which could theoretically be unable to battle, if people edit things).
- Fixed weather-inducing abilities activating even if their weather is already happening.
- Being unable to use a Poké Ball or Poké Doll no longer consumes the item anyway.
- Fixed battles not ending until the end of a round when a side's Pokémon all faint.
- Money gained from trainers in battles now calculates separately for each trainer, rather than using the combined highest level and base payout.
- Money lost when losing a battle now only considers the player's Pokémon when it calculates how much to lose.
- Gaining money from Pay Day now only shows its message about picking it up if you actually gain money from it (i.e. it doesn't show if you're already at the money limit).
- Fixed HP reduction animation lingering sometimes, e.g. from taking an attack into taking poison damage.
- Fixed the bait- and rock-throwing animations shifting the Pokémon around afterwards.
|| 31st December, 2014
- Redesigned Move Relearner screen.
- Pokémon can now relearn a move it knew when the player obtained/hatched it.
- Sped up rearranging Pokémon in the party.
- Added method
pbEnterNPCName for naming an NPC.
- Added new handler
OnFailCatch for Poké Balls.
- Conditional branches now evaluate script switches.
- Added a way to edit NPC trainers in the same way as wild Pokémon (see the script section PokemonEncounterModifiers).
- "pokemon.txt" now recognises the growth rates "MediumFast" (Medium) and "MediumSlow" (Parabolic).
- "pokemon.txt" now allows words for compatibilities, and no longer requires exactly two values if there is only one egg group.
- "trainers.txt" now allows Pokémon genders to be defined with "M"/"F" rather than "0"/"1".
- "trainers.txt" now allows Pokémon shininess to be defined with "shiny" rather than "true"/"false".
- Removed contest categories from "moves.txt".
- The game now creates all appropriate PBS files in UTF-8 format.
- Minor tweak to properly revert class
StringInput to pre-v13.
- Added methods
- Added methods
- Added methods
- Added methods
poke.setItem(item), the latter of which accepts symbols.
- Expanded method
poke.hasItem? to optionally accept a particular item as a parameter.
poke.setNature now accepts symbols.
- Added methods
- Added methods
- Added method
- Added methods
- Added methods
pbSeenForm now accepts symbols.
pbDoubleTrainerBattle now support symbols for the trainer type(s).
pbDoubleWildBattle now accept symbols.
pbStartTrade now accepts symbols.
Kernel.pbReceiveItem now accept symbols.
pbGiveTriadCard now accepts symbols.
- The battle script
battler.pbHasMove? now accepts symbols.
- Added battle script
- Added checks to class PokemonBag functions to ensure the item is valid.
- Merged Game_Character script sections.
- Improved overworld weathers.
- Added heavy rain weather (like storm but without lightning) and blizzard weather (like sandstorm but white).
- Eggs can now have species-specific cracks when they hatch.
- Added Gen 4 version of berry plant mechanics.
- Added animations for vigorous and shiny grass rustling.
- Slight tweaks to the wild encounter rate calculation.
- Chance of a wild encounter when using Rock Smash is now 25%.
- Fishing was made easier.
- The odds of hooking a Pokémon while fishing now depends on the type of rod used.
- Added out of battle effects of Sticky Hold and Suction Cups.
- Added animation for a thrown Poké Ball being deflected by a trainer.
- Added bait throwing animation for Safari battles.
- Added rock throwing animation for Safari battles.
- Improved ball throwing animation for Safari battles.
- Slightly sped up the falling of a thrown Poké Ball when it absorbs a Pokémon.
- Reordered the effects that prevent the use of a move (frozen/asleep/flinching/etc.).
- Replacement Pokémon are now sent into battle only at the end of a round, as in Gen 4 and onwards.
- Error messages in battle will now be shown even if
$INTERNAL is false -
$INTERNAL is now only used to record battle logs.
- Slightly improved battle logs.
- Added a small attempt at AI minmaxing, some other AI tweaks.
- Removed the static tiles from the Dungeon tileset.
- Tweaked some berry tree graphics.
- Optimised all graphics to reduce file size.
- Greatly reduced lag when loading images (but now no longer supports .jpg, .jpeg or .bmp)
| Bug fixes:
- Overworld weather is now tinted according to the time of day.
- Sweet Scent and Honey no longer work in the field if there is weather.
- Poké Radar battery no longer regenerates while chaining.
- Repel no longer wears out while you're sliding on ice.
- Moves inherited by breeding now have the proper priority (e.g. egg moves override TM moves).
- Eggs now always inherit 3 IVs from its parents.
- Naming a newly-hatched Pokémon now shows the Pokémon's icon/gender.
- The Debug option "Ready Phone Rematches" now works properly.
- Editor now reads and saves hidden abilities when editing a Pokémon.
- Manually changing the x and y coordinates of a cel in the Animation Editor when that coordinate is not a whole number now turns it into a whole number.
- A zoomed animation cel no longer takes up a different amount of space in the Animation Editor's canvas depending on its zoom.
- Trying to select a cel in the Animation Editor while holding Alt (pixel hitscan selection) now works properly for mirrored cels.
- When two trainers spot the player at the same time, they will now be a double battle even if the first trainer has more than 3 Pokémon.
- The enemy party balls in battle against two opposing trainers now have 3 balls for each trainer, rather than all 6 for the first trainer.
- Cancelling using an item in battle no longer uses it anyway.
- AI now looks at the target's defensive stats rather than the attacker's.
- AI now considers a move's accuracy.
- AI can no longer calculate the accuracy of a move to be greater than 100%.
- Fixed some AI using the wrong variable.
- Fixed bad AI for function codes 0xEB (Roar/Whirlwind) and 0xEC (Circle Throw/Dragon Tail).
- Fixed AI bug with Hustle.
- Fixed AI bug with Sheer Force.
- Fixed AI bug with Conversion 2.
- Fixed AI bug with Mist.
- Fixed AI bug with Beat Up.
- Helping Hand now works.
- Assist now works.
- Fixed bug with Foul Play.
- Fixed damage not multiplying for Fury Cutter and Rollout.
- Fixed Safeguard's end message.
- Fixed bug with Mirror Move.
- Grudge and Destiny Bond now work.
- Grudge and Destiny Bond no longer affects partners.
- Fixed bug with Rest.
- Fling now works.
- Pressure now shows a message when the bearer enters battle.
- Life Orb and Shell Bell now work.
- Rocky Helmet now correctly names the Pokémon that took damage.
- Quick Claw now works for each Pokémon separately, rather than all or none at once.
- Fixed Pokémon raising multiple stats showing multiple raise stat animations.
- Many effects upon dealing damage (e.g. Mummy) now work even if the bearer fainted.
- Pokémon holding Exp Shares now gain Exp even if there are no non-fainted Pokémon who would gain Exp normally from the opponent (e.g. because of Selfdestruct).
- Blacking out in a battle when there's another trainer waiting to face you will no longer have the second trainer battle you immediately after warping back to the heal point.
- Trainers that can be rebattled now say the appropriate EndSpeech according to how many times they have been beaten.
- Losing a battle started from the Debug menu no longer crashes the game.
- Fixed broken battler images.
|| 28th September, 2014
- Added dust cloud animation when landing after a jump.
- Field animations like grass rustling are now tinted according to the time of day (if appropriate).
- The player and events now only sink into bush tiles if they're stationary.
- Events in tall grass (terrain tag 10 and bush flag set) now sink 32 pixels into it.
- Surfing and diving charsets now use all 4 frames rather than 2.
- The bicycle BGM now stops playing if you cycle to a new map.
- Added method
Kernel.pbTransferSurfing to allow the player to keep surfing after a map transition.
pbExclaim can now make multiple events show the same exclamation animation at once.
- Overhauled Poké Radar scripts to make it work more like the official games.
- Poké Radar can now have exclusive wild encounters.
- Poké Radar now takes
SHINYPOKEMONCHANCE into account (same ultimate chance).
- Simplified the converting of an item into an item/Pokémon (for Kurt/Fossil Reviver) a little.
- Happiness gain due to walking tweaked to work like in Gen 5 games.
- Pickup now uses the B2W2 set of items.
- Raised Pokémon species name and kind lengths to 20 characters (longer species names won't fit in some display areas, though).
- Pokémon names no longer have the gender symbol cut off their end.
- Removed the gender icons from the Nidoran names.
- Eggs now inherit the type of Poké Ball they are in from their mother.
- Basculin now inherits its mother's form (or of whichever parent isn't Ditto).
- Spiky-eared Pichu can no longer evolve.
- Tweaked Shiny Charm's effect.
- Text messages can now also line break themselves after a hyphen.
- Sped up the text speed options.
- Sped up many screen transitions.
- Sped up box sliding in the storage screen.
- Optimised loading of various sprites and icons.
- Added egg hatching animation (by FL).
- Added icons to the naming screens to show what you're naming (player/Pokémon/storage box).
- Animated the player in the load screen's Continue panel.
- Removed unnecessary redrawing of bitmaps in the Pokégear menu.
- Improved FPS in Pokédex forms page.
- Tweaked the animation of the line-ups appearing in battle.
- The battle command menu now selects Fight each round by default, rather than what you chose to do in the last round.
- Made battle buttons glow more when selected.
- Small error-preventing tweaks to HP changing in battle.
- Sped up some HP changes in battle.
- Significantly sped up the filling of the Exp bar in battle.
- Made changes to the AI.
- "Battle scene" option now prevents all move/common animations from showing.
- Removed messages that weather remains in effect, to speed up things slightly.
- The sleep status now applies for 1-3 turns.
- Added effect of Foul Play.
- Added Friend Guard's effect (currently only affects damage taken from an attack).
- Added Sheer Force.
- Added Life Orb's effect.
- Mental Herb now also ends the effect of Heal Block.
- Quick Ball now applies a 5x capture rate in the first turn of battle.
- Cleaned up some battle code.
- Replaced move-processing scripts with new, tidier versions.
- Added simple way to store the outcome of a trainer battle (single or double) in a global variable.
- Added trainer comment "Outcome", which is the variable in which to store the result of that trainer battle.
- Added way to play the charging animations of two-turn attacks.
- Made new Tail Whip animation.
- Added ghost frames in the Animation Editor which show the previous frame's cels.
- Reverted changes to class
StringInput from v13.
- Minor rearranging of some script sections at the bottom.
pbGenerateEgg can now accept predefined Pokémon.
- Added method
- Methods in
$PokemonBag.pbQuantity) no longer need
PBItems: in their arguments.
- Changing the map view mode in the scripts no longer requires you to delete your save for the change to apply.
- Added the ability to change the buying and/or selling price of an item in a particular Mart.
- Can now stop def
pbPhoneRegisterNPC from showing its "registered Dave" message.
- In Debug mode, can hold Ctrl while using the Poké Radar to ignore its low battery.
- In Debug mode, can hold Ctrl to Fly to places you haven't yet visited.
- Can now toggle the Internal flag rather than just turn it on via the Debug option.
- Made it easier to set the size of a square on the Town Map (default 16x16 pixels).
- Edited townmapgen.html to allow working with squares of different sizes (1-16 pixels width/height).
- Added Pokémon gender ratio
FemaleSevenEighths for completeness.
- Tidied up references to evolution methods to make them easier to redefine.
- Can now make evolution methods whose variable is an elemental type.
- Tweaked move descriptions to make them all display fully when shown in the summary screen.
- Tweaked ability descriptions to make them all display fully when shown in the summary screen.
- Merged the Pokémon Pack back into the main download because people can't follow instructions.
- Tweaked waterfall autotiles.
- Added autotiles for water currents.
- Fixed arrow key graphic in the controls screen.
| Bug fixes:
- Can no longer encounter roaming Pokémon with the Poké Radar.
- Stopped event
onStepTakenFieldMovement activating twice per step.
- The player now stands still and upright when trying to run into an obstacle.
- Hidden items must now be faced to be picked up, not stood on.
- Light effects no longer appear above pictures displayed by events.
- Weather no longer persists if you enter a map of the same name and the new map has no defined weather.
- Fixed crash caused by a moving event on some connecting maps.
- The Sprayduck and Squirtbottle now work.
- Fixed crash when using Headbutt from the party screen.
- Pokémon are now healed when the player puts them into storage.
- Fixed slight error in determining a Pokémon's gender.
- Pokémon created at level 1, including eggs that hatch at that level, now have 0 Exp.
- Rotom now learns its form-specific moves properly, asking the player if it should do so.
- Purify Chamber should no longer cause a crash if a purified Pokémon levels up.
- Corrected Mega Evolution forms' stats.
- Corrected typo in Poké Ball item's description.
- Hidden abilities are now written to "pokemon.txt" by the game if it edits the Pokémon data.
- Added hidden abilities back into "pokemon.txt".
- The Mining mini-game's hammer now only adds 2 hits per use.
- Added missing Slot Machine combos.
- Can no longer wager more coins in the Slot Machine than you have.
- The player's sprite in the Trainer Card now supports outfits.
- The player's mugshot and bar in the Vs animation now supports outfits.
- Vs animation graphics and player outfits should now be shown even after encryption.
- Fixed Vs animation interfering with the blacking out screen.
- Fixed some battle animations not being told what their target is.
- Move animations which are played without a defined target now treat the user as the target (just in case).
- Fixed positions and focusses of some animations.
- OppMove battle animations now play the user's cry when instructed, rather than the target's.
- Shadow Pokémon now display their shadow animation even if they weren't first into battle.
- Icicle Spear now has 5 animations.
- Reworked animations for Aerial Ace, Teleport, Harden, others.
- Weather common animations now focus on the screen.
- Pokémon changing their graphic in battle now centre their new sprite horizontally on their position.
- Fixed Mega Evolution-related crash in Safari Zone battles.
- You can now throw Sport Balls in a Bug Catching Contest.
- Trainer intro midi files should now stop playing immediately before the battle starts.
- The game no longer beeps if you try to select a blank move in the battle's Fight menu.
- The chance of defrosting is now 20% rather than 10%.
- Present's healing effect now heals at least 1 HP.
- Sleep Talk can now call a move that is disabled or has no PP left.
- Blizzard now skips accuracy checks in hail.
- Thunder and Hurricane now skip accuracy checks in rain.
- Rest no longer fails if the user has a status problem.
- Sniper now works for the attacker, not the target.
- PP-restoring items used in battle on a single move now work.
- Battle items such as X Attack now work.
- Fixed Nest Ball's catch rate calculation.
- Mirror Move known by opposing trainer's Pokémon no longer skips their turn.
- The index of the last move a given Pokémon used in battle is now reset to the first move if that Pokémon is switched out.
- Fixed visual error when opening the party screen from battle.
- The party screen in battle now properly shows all the switching you've done during that battle, for both checking the party and using an item on a Pokémon.
- Game no longer freezes when battle messages are too fast.
- Fixed crash when trying to delete a save file.
- Fixed crash when changing a saved game's language.
- Fixed crash involving Common Event message translations.
- Text that isn't map-specific now translates properly.
- Extracting text while using a language pack will now extract all original text rather than just the translated text.
- Phone messages, trainer names, Town Map text and some other messages in PBS files now compile accents and special characters properly (their PBS files need to be UTF-8 encoded).
- Fixed crash when compiling "trainers.txt" in UTF-8 format.
- Fixed typo in error messages relating to an undefined type.
- Fixed Fly destination for Cedolan City.
|| 2nd December, 2013
- Split the Pokémon sprites/icons/cries into a separate downloadable pack.
- Updated the altitudes of all species in Pokémon Pack 1.
- Added support for Mega Evolution.
- Text in common events is now extracted and can be translated.
- The names and descriptions ("points of interest") of points on the Town Map are now extracted and can be translated.
- Rearranged the order in which text is extracted - this breaks older extracted text files (including compiled language files).
- Remade the Continue/New Game screen.
- The hidden move animation now uses graphics and looks nicer.
- Increased the off-screen border within which events still update to a thickness of 4 tiles.
- Light and OutdoorLight can now have a filename put in brackets after them, for custom light glow graphics.
- Added support for multiple outfits per player character.
- Added a "Large" screen size option.
- Added Setting to let you define which Dex lists begin at 0 rather than 1 (the species numbers in those Dex lists are 1 less than they appear in "pokemon.txt").
- Improved Debug options for the Day Care.
- Added Debug options which provide the Pokédex, running shoes and a demo party.
- Added Debug option for locking/unlocking Dex lists.
- Added Debug option which will make debugging battles easier.
- The Debug option "Advance Roaming" now also makes it possible to encounter another roamer on the same map.
- You can now cancel creating/editing a Mystery Gift.
- Moved many battle constants (such as text colours and Pokémon coordinates) to the new script section PokeBattle_SceneConstants.
- Added z values to everything in the battle screen.
- Made new battle animation player with extra features.
- Multi-hit moves can (must) have a separate animation for each hit, with only the first named appropriately.
- Multi-target moves now only show their animations once per use rather than once per target.
- A move can now have easy access to multiple animations (not currently enabled by default).
- Made behind-the-scenes change to how command/fight buttons work/appear in battle.
- Major changes to using items in battle, so that they're now used in priority order, only one Poké Ball can be thrown per turn, and so on.
- Pokémon are now switched out in battle before trainers use items, rather than after.
- HP lost in battle is now highlighted in black while losing it.
- Holding Ctrl while using a move in Debug mode now guarantees it will have its additional effect.
- Holding Ctrl while throwing a Poké Ball in Debug mode now guarantees capture.
- A Poké Ball that has successfully captured a Pokémon now lingers for a while before fading away.
- Pokémon in battle now put new EVs to use immediately even without levelling up.
- Improved the fainting animation to make all Pokémon now fall into the ground and not appear in front of things they should be behind.
- The player's partner now heals the player's team after a battle with a roaming Pokémon.
- Added lots of new move animations.
- Improved the appearance and functionality of the Animation Editor.
- Frame numbers in the Animation Editor now start at 1 rather than 0.
- Can now renumber an animation cel, for easier cel batching.
- Added background and foreground properties to attack animations, as well as a way to edit them in the Animation Editor.
- Can now play the user's cry in an animation.
- Each cel in an animation now has its own focus, rather than them all depending on the animation's "position".
- Importing an old animation will update it to the current format if necessary.
- Editor's "Export all animations" option now also exports background and foreground graphics.
- Animations in the RMXP Database are no longer converted to battle format by the Compiler.
- The player now moves faster (running speed) while sliding on ice.
- The limit to how many items you can choose to add via Debug or buy from a Mart at once is now a full stack of items, rather than a fixed 99.
pbTriadDuel now returns the result of the game (1=won, 2=lost, 3=draw).
- Added method
- Added an easy method to get the screen_y coordinate of an event as if it wasn't jumping (useful for placing shadows).
- Playing cries might cause fewer problems now.
- Replaced the class
StringInput with a new version by poccil.
- Minor tweak to Burmy's form-seeing.
- A Pokémon species can now have up to 4 defined hidden abilities.
| Bug fixes:
- Player can no longer cycle or run in really tall grass.
- Player can no longer cycle or run on ice.
- Events can now move on water even if the player isn't surfing, and can't move onto land.
- Events can no longer walk onto ledges.
- Events can no longer walk on ice.
- The screen no longer lags behind when sliding on ice.
- Surfing wild encounters may no longer occur if the player has just jumped onto land.
- Can no longer open the pause menu or use a registered item while moving.
- Night music no longer restarts itself after a transfer if the music hasn't changed.
- Repel now uses the first able Pokémon in the player's party.
- You can no longer potentially encounter a second roamer without leaving the current map if you defeat/capture the first roamer.
- You now encounter the correct roaming Pokémon.
- Fixed some screen transitions not appearing correctly if the screen zoom is greater than 1.
- Fixed battle commands sometimes using the wrong graphics and doing the wrong things.
- In double battles, items can no longer be deleted by making the first Pokémon use it then changing its choice of action.
- A Pokémon using Pursuit can now only chase after one switching-out Pokémon.
- Transform and Imposter no longer copy the target's ability.
- A Transformed Pokémon now keeps its copied stats even if it levels up.
- Tinted Lens now works for the correct Pokémon.
- LightningRod now only applies to Electric moves with 1 target.
- Quick Claw now only applies to moves.
- Weather at the start of battle now shows animations.
- Weather-inducing abilities now show weather animations when they induce it.
- Partner trainers can now replace their fainted Pokémon in double wild battles.
- Battle animations which don't have a user or target (e.g. weather animations) now play.
- Fixed crash when attempting to rename the player.
- Menus now only play the cursor sound effect if their selection changes.
- Calculations involving base experience now use the correct values.
|| 3rd August, 2013
This is an update release for version 12. It is not a stand-alone release.
You must download version 12, and then replace the appropriate files in it with the updated versions in this release. You can ignore the v12.1 update when applying this update.
- Updated credits.
- Tweaked "Set Encounters" debug option to make density-choosing more complete with possible additional encounter methods.
- The debug log is now printed to immediately, rather than buffered.
| Bug fixes:
- Fixed crash when creating a new item in the External Editor.
- Lum Berry in battle now shows the correct messages.
- Twister now works.
- Smack Down now works.
- Nature Power now works.
- Charge now doubles an Electric move's damage, rather than 1.5x.
- An opposing Pokémon that knows Stored Power can now use moves.
- Confusion-inflicting moves now show the Confusion animation over the correct Pokémon.
- Intimidate and paralysis/burn/poison animations now show over the correct Pokémon.
- Fixed various damaging effects (e.g. Stealth Rock, Rough Skin) causing an immediate end of round.
|| 19th June, 2013
This is an update release for version 12. It is not a stand-alone release.
You must download version 12, and then replace the appropriate files in it with the updated versions in this release.
| Bug fixes:
- Fixed pbCommands2 and pbCommands3 comparison crash.
- Fixed crash when looking at an unseen Pokémon in the Pokédex.
- Fixed blackness after using an item in battle.
- Fixed crash when editing a trainer's Pokémon via debug/Editor.
|| 16th June, 2013
- Rearranged some script sections.
- Tweaked various compiler/Editor scripts.
- Created a Pokémon species Editor script.
- Created a Regional Dex Editor script.
- Created a method to rearrange animations (not usable by default).
- Improved terrain tag editor.
- Can now use arrow keys to move around the Visual Editor.
- Reinstated an 8 item limit for trainers.
- Can now define the type of Poké Ball a trainer's Pokémon is in.
- A trainer type's AI skill level is now independent of that trainer type's base money reward.
- Can now easily change the number of species lines expected for an encounter method.
- Probabilities for each species line for an encounter method no longer need to sum to 100.
- Scripts now allow for gaps in the National Pokédex.
- Centralised all code which gets a filename that involves an ID (e.g. icons, cries, charsets, etc.).
- Filenames which have an ID number in their name can now use an internal name instead. Affects:
- Pokémon sprites, icons, cries, footprints.
- Item icons, mail backgrounds, berry tree charsets.
- Trainer charsets, front sprites, back sprites, Town Map face icons, Vs animation graphics.
- Added a raft of new move animations.
- Added animations Common:HealthUp and Common:HealthDown.
- Added support for animations which show when a Poké Ball opens to capture a Pokémon (Common:BallBurstX, where X is the ball's number).
- Generally tidied up code for move effects.
- Made some tweaks involving what happens when for multi-hit moves.
- Oval Charm's percentages are now 40/80/88.
- EV-enhancing items now have an effect during breeding.
- When using an evolution stone, Pokémon will now say "able" or "not able".
- A received/obtained item's name is now shown in blue rather than red.
- Added new message tags
\pog (acts as
\r depending on the player's gender).
- Events with "noreflect" in their name will not have reflections in still water.
- Added trainer comment "Continue", which determines if the player can continue on if they lose the battle (applies to all rematches by default).
- Renumbered the Essentials-specific Global Switches.
- The shiny and fateful encounter switch numbers are now defined in the script section Settings.
- Added a NO_MONEY_LOSS Global Switch.
- Moved StorageCreator metadata to the script section Settings.
- Removed the unused TextSkin global metadata.
- Added quick method
- You can now leave out PBSpecies: when creating a new PokeBattle_Pokemon object.
- You can now leave out PBSpecies: when using
- Added more windowskins, and moved over to HGSS style.
- Put Nidorina and Nidoqueen in the Monster and Field egg groups.
- Tweaked skill levels of some trainer types.
- The chance of a Shadow Pokémon entering Hyper Mode after using a particular move is now higher if its heart gauge is lower (previously always 100%).
| Bug fixes:
- "Rename player" debug option now works.
- The "Your name?" message of choosing the player's name is now translatable.
- A partner trainer which the player has named now shows their proper name in battle.
- Fixed crash when adding a new trainer in-game or in the External Editor.
- In-game trading now actually replaces the old Pokémon with the new one.
- Leading zeroes in Pokémon IDs are now shown while trading.
- Bug Contest scores are now calculated without crashing the game.
- The default Pokédex name "Pokédex" is now used if the name required doesn't exist in the array in Settings.
- A bleep is no longer played when looking at the Info/Area/Forms pages in the Pokédex and pressing a direction you can't go in.
- Can no longer reorder a Shadow Pokémon's moves.
- Fixed crash when choosing a blank PC storage spot from the Purify Chamber.
- The Pokémon sprite in the storage screen now mosaics when swapping two Pokémon, and doesn't mosaic when placing a Pokémon down.
- Player now dismounts their bicycle when using Fly.
- Events now stop animating immediately once they stop moving.
- A Pokémon's weight can no longer go below 0.1kg.
- Fixed some strange controls in the battle command area.
- The critical hit message now can't appear if the attack was blocked by an ability, e.g. Lightningrod.
- Fixed confusion animation not showing over the correct Pokémon in some cases.
- Fixed some attack animations not involving the target when they should.
- "Call" now replaces "Run" in Shadow trainer battles.
- After snagging an enemy trainer's Shadow Pokémon, they now switch in another Pokémon (really this time).
- Removing a Pokémon from a party during double battles (e.g. by snagging it) may no longer duplicate the last Pokémon in that party if that party's owner has a partner.
- Removing a Pokémon from a party during double battles (e.g. by snagging it) may no longer mess up the party index of the other Pokémon in play from that party if that party's owner has no partner.
- The animation position "Screen" now works without crashing.
- Animation Editor's "Cell Batch" option now lets you choose ranges of cels and frames.
- Calmed down the responsiveness of the number range arrows in Animation Editor.
- Importing an animation within the Animation Editor now goes to the animation's first frame automatically.
- When an animation cel's properties are being edited, a preview of the cel and its changes is now shown (properly).
- After using an item on a Pokémon, the quantity in the Bag is updated before returning to the Bag screen.
- Items usable in battle but which aren't consumed can now actually be used.
- Fixed Big Root's effect.
- Poké Flute is now not consumed when used.
- Air Balloon now only pops because of damaging attacks.
- Sitrus Berry now heals 1/4 of the consumer's total HP.
- Amulet Coin and Luck Incense now cannot have their effects stopped by anything once their bearer has entered battle, and now apply to Pay Day's money in wild battles.
- Heavy Ball now returns a minimum catch rate of 1.
- Shadow Pokémon scent items now work on Shadow Pokémon rather than Pokémon in Hyper Mode.
- Shadow Pokémon scent items can now be used in battle (they solely snap Hyper Mode Pokémon back to their senses, due to problems with their regular effects).
- Abilities such as Big Pecks now don't work if the stat reduction was self-inflicted.
- Simple Beam and Worry Seed now work.
- Anticipation now only shudders because of damaging super-effective moves (except Counter et al.) and effective OHKO moves, and not because of Selfdestruct.
- Pokémon with the ability Dry Skin no longer lose/gain HP if the weather is negated by Cloud Nine or Air Lock.
- Magic Guard no longer prevents Pokémon from being poisoned by Toxic Spikes (although it still prevents the damage as normal).
- Forewarn and Frisk now work.
- Anger Point no longer applies if the bearer's substitute was hit instead.
- Various abilities including Storm Drain no longer work even if their bearer has fainted.
- Dry Skin, Volt Absorb and Water Absorb now heal the correct amount when hit by a move of the appropriate type.
- Justified, Rattled, Weak Armor, Absorb Bulb and Cell Battery now activate in a more appropriate place.
- Stench no longer stacks with the effects of King's Rock/Razor Fang.
- Gluttony no longer affects the use of Oran Berry and Sitrus Berry, both of which are now consumed at 50% HP or less.
- Hustle now only applies to damaging physical moves.
- Moves which hit multiple times in a row now have a separate flinch/additional effect chance for each hit (the effect part is only used by Twineedle).
- Moves which alter 2 or more stats in the same way (i.e. raise or lower) now only show the stat change animation once for all of them.
- Some moves with variable base power now have a minimum power of 1.
- Weather-inducing moves now have animations when used.
- Moves with recoil damage now round up rather than down, and no longer do recoil damage if they hit a substitute.
- Moves which would hit (damage) more than 1 Pokémon now do 25% less damage to each of them rather than 50%.
- Heart Swap now works.
- Work Up now targets the user.
- Copied moves gained by a Transformed Pokémon now have a max PP of 5.
- Thunder Wave is now the only status move with function code 007 which cares about type effectiveness (i.e. Glare now works on Ghost Pokémon).
- Twister (function code 78) can now hit Flying/Bouncing/Sky Dropping targets.
- Chatter's chance of causing confusion is now up to 10% rather than up to 30%.
- "Attract" common animation now also plays when a Pokémon becomes infatuated.
- Heal Bell/Aromatheray now show cure messages for the affected Pokémon in battle.
- Tweaked Psycho Shift's effect to make more sense.
- Defense Curl now shows an animation when used.
- Tailwind now lasts for 4 rounds after the one in which it was used.
- Rearranged Rollout's code.
- Mimic can now not copy a Shadow move, and the mimicked move now has full PP.
- Sketch can now not copy a Shadow move.
- Conversion now ignores itself when looking for a new type.
- Conversion 2 now considers the target's last used attack rather than the last attack taken by the user.
- Transform and Imposter no longer copy gender or form properties (the transformed appearance is unaffected).
- Psywave now uses one of 101 damage multipliers rather than ones of 11.
- Metal Burst now deals 1.5x damage rather than 2x.
- Pursuit's effect now belongs to function code 88 rather than Pursuit itself.
- Stored Power now works.
- A Raging Pokémon now shows the StatUp animation when its Rage builds.
- Present's healing effect is now affected by type immunities and will cause a Normal Gem to be consumed.
- Mud Sport and Water Sport now weaken their moves to 1/3 power rather than 1/2, and fail if any battler has used it already (not just the user).
- Lock-On/Mind Reader now fail if the target has a substitute.
- Foresight/Odor Sleuth/Miracle Eye now fail if the target is already being affected by it.
- Mirror Move now copies the last move the target used, and uses it against the target.
- A move called by Sleep Talk now targets the opposite battler by default.
- Sleep Talk can now not choose Nature Power.
- Assist can no longer call upon moves known by an egg.
- Imprison no longer fails if the opponents don't know any move the user knows.
- While being Heal Blocked, can no longer use Aqua Ring or Ingrain moves, Leftovers won't have an effect, and Poison Heal Pokémon will neither gain nor lose HP.
- Being Heal Blocked now negates the effect of Water Absorb, Volt Absorb and the heal-by-Water-move part of Dry Skin.
- Heal Block is now Baton Passable, and no longer lasts forever.
- Can now choose the target of an Encored move.
- Fury Attack et al. now have the Gen 5 chances for each number of hits.
- Beat Up now works like in Gen 5.
- Whirlwind can now hit airborne semi-invulnerable targets.
- Fissure can no longer hit a Pokémon in the middle of using Dig.
- Pokémon are now invulnerable in the middle of using Shadow Force.
- Trapping moves now last for 4-5 rounds, including the round they were used in.
- Outrage now stops if it misses.
- Recover now rounds up rather than down.
- Roost now causes the user's Flying type to be ignored for the rest of the round, in type effectiveness calculations of other moves only.
- Wish now provides half of the Wish user's max HP, rounded up.
- Rest now shows its move animation.
- Absorb now rounds up rather than down.
- Heal Pulse is now blocked by a substitute, rounds up rather than down.
- Selfdestruct's user now animates their HP depletion, which now occurs after the move animation.
- Memento's user now animates their HP depletion which now occurs at the end of the move's effect.
- Memento's use is no longer stopped by Protect, although its stat decreasing is.
- Healing Wish/Lunar Dance now show their animation before depleting the user's HP, which is now animated.
- Fixed alleged early return from Perish Song's effect.
- False Swipe's damage limiting now overrides effects like Endure and Focus Sash (i.e. their messages aren't shown).
- U-turn/Volt Switch will no longer require a switch if it caused the opponent's last Pokémon to faint.
- Thunder, Hurricane and Blizzard now have base accuracies of 100% in beneficial weather, rather than always hitting.
- Stealth Rock now does a minimum of 1 damage.
- Pay Day's effect now works even against a substitute.
- Brick Break now breaks Light Screen/Reflect after damage calculation (even if it did no damage), and its damage isn't reduced by Reflect/Light Screen.
- Helping Hand now applies even if Reflect/Light Screen are being ignored.
- Rapid Spin now ignores substitutes, and only works if the user hasn't fainted while using the move.
- Focus Punch now shows its "focussing" message immediately after switching and before any moves are used.
- Follow Me/Rage Powder now show their animations, and cancel the user's partner's Follow Me/Rage Powder.
- Shadow Half now works.
- Shadow End now doesn't deal recoil damage if it hit a substitute.
- Destiny Bond, Grudge, Sticky Barb and thawing due to being hit by a Fire move now work in multi-hit moves.
- Acupressure should now work (added code for its targeting option).
- Metronome now shows its move animation, and fixed an extremely unlikely infinite loop.
- Roar now shows its animation in wild battles.
- Mimic, Sketch, Sleep Talk, Assist, Metronome and Encore now blacklist function codes rather than individual moves (although Metronome also blacklists individual moves too, namely some signature moves).
- Many other references to individual moves now refer to function codes instead.
|| 23rd December, 2012
- Added Gen 5 Pokémon.
- Added Mystery Gift scripts.
- Added Tile Puzzle mini-games.
- Added Vs. trainer animation by Luka S.J (tweaked by Maruno).
- Tweaked parts of the example maps.
- The Tiall Region now has wild encounters.
- Tweaked some tilesets.
- Rearranged and improved the Pokémon debug menu.
- Added debug options "Rename Player" and "Randomise Player's ID"
- Added common animations: Sleep, Paralysis (by Brother1440), Burn (by Maruno).
- Added placeholder animations: Poison, Frozen.
- Added move animations: Block, Fire Blast, Foresight, Mean Look, Scary Face (by Brother1440).
- A Fire-type Hidden Power can now defrost its target.
- AI now considers NPC trainers' skill level (their base money) when deciding which moves to use.
- Minor addition of some effects to the AI score calculations.
- Added a new move target option: "OppositeOpposing" (used for Curse).
- Fling now names the item that was flung.
- Added Global Variable which records the number of times the Elite Four have been beaten.
- Added Global Switch which makes any generated Pokémon a fatefully encountered one.
- Partner trainers now stay out of single battles against single trainers.
- Added Pokémon property
obtainText, which overrides the
obtainMap's name if it is not
pbGenerateEgg now has a second parameter for
- Eggs from the Day Care now say they were received from the Day-Care Couple.
- Breeding now has an 80% chance of the mother passing down their ability (unless it's a Hidden Ability).
- Added Pokémon property
fused, which records the details of another Pokémon fused with it.
- Changed and improved how ribbons work.
- Mail now records all the variables about the featured Pokémon that Pokémon icons can depend on.
- Added form-specific EV yield for Kyurem.
- Added effect for DNA Splicers.
- Added Setting: STORAGEBOXES.
- Added Setting for Map View Mode, and removed the choice from the Options screen.
- Bag pocket names and Dex names will now be extracted for translation like (almost) all other text, rather than be special cases.
- The Pokédex's Regional Dex list screen can now show up to 5 Dexes (plus "Exit") at once, and will scroll if necessary.
- Improved how nest points are displayed, including removing overlaps between highlighted squares.
- Removed Arceus's forms from being shown in the Pokédex; now just the regular form is available.
- Removed an unnecessary restriction on when to show the "registered" icon in the Bag.
- The cycing music now always overrides the regular music.
- The "Erase event" event command now works identically to
- Added map metadata "MapSize", which allows 1 map to span more than 1 square on the region map.
$PokemonMap.bridge is now a number (the height of the bridge, default 2) rather than a boolean.
- Fixed default graphic for a berry plant.
- Mart screen now uses the gold windowskin for its money box.
- Tweaked messages shown when obtaining/finding an item.
- You can now choose your own name for exported animations.
Kernel.pbMessageFreeText now has a definable width for its text box (default 240).
- The text entry box for typing in mail messages is now as wide as the screen.
- Added method
- Added method
- Added method
Kernel.pbChooseItem for simple choosing of an item in the Bag.
- Removed the 4 item limit for trainers.
- The splash screen now plays a random cry when closing.
| Bug fixes:
- Fixed crash in nest screen.
- Fixed crashes involving diving.
- Fixed various bugs in the example maps.
- Escape Rope is no longer consumed if it can't be used.
- The level-changing encounter modifier now applies to the Dungeon map as intended.
- The move route setting "Ignore if can't move" now works again.
- Can no longer have encounters on ice tiles.
- Resting and returning to a Battle Frontier challenge now uses the correct move routes.
- Shiny Charm now only affects Day Care eggs if they would use the Masuda method, and now has the correct multiplier for wild Pokémon (3x rather than 4x).
- Can now dismount the bicycle in really tall grass.
- Entering a map with the same name as the previous map now retains the old map's weather (or lack thereof).
- Trainer events still called "Trainer" no longer regenerate their comments if they are deleted.
- The move Outrage now works properly during its final use.
- Curse's Ghost effect now works.
- Pokémon now immediately stop using a multi-hit attack if they faint between hits.
- Pokémon should now faint properly when knocked out by Rough Skin and similar effects.
- Fixed end of round effects not working to completion.
- Opponents can no longer use the exact same item on both their Pokémon at the same time.
- Details for a region map square which depend on a Global Switch are now never shown on wall maps.
- Recording a species' alternate form as seen now records that species' base form as seen instead if it doesn't list any alternate forms in the Pokédex (i.e. in "pokemon.txt").
- The PBS file "types.txt" now uses the internal names of moves in the weaknesses/resistances/immunities lines as intended, rather than the display names.
- The error message caused by a Pokémon being incorrectly defined in the PBS file "pokemon.txt" now indicates the correct section (its National Dex number).
- Keyboard-typed text via
Kernel.pbMessageFreeText (i.e. when
USEKEYBOARDTEXTENTRY=true) is now exactly the text entered, without the extra "return" character in it.
- Sprite-repositioning methods in the External Editor now work properly with sprites which aren't 160 pixels tall.
- Blank animations (i.e. 1-frame animations) in the Database animation editor no longer overwrite Essentials Animation Editor animations.