|| Release date
|| Change log
|| Download links
|| 19th June, 2013
This is an update release for version 12. It is not a stand-alone release.
You must download version 12, and then replace the appropriate files in it with the updated versions in this release.
| Bug fixes:
- Fixed pbCommands2 and pbCommands3 comparison crash.
- Fixed crash when looking at an unseen Pokémon in the Pokédex.
- Fixed blackness after using an item in battle.
- Fixed crash when editing a trainer's Pokémon via debug/Editor.
|| 16th June, 2013
- Rearranged some script sections.
- Tweaked various compiler/Editor scripts.
- Created a Pokémon species Editor script.
- Created a Regional Dex Editor script.
- Created a method to rearrange animations (not usable by default).
- Improved terrain tag editor.
- Can now use arrow keys to move around the Visual Editor.
- Reinstated an 8 item limit for trainers.
- Can now define the type of Poké Ball a trainer's Pokémon is in.
- A trainer type's AI skill level is now independent of that trainer type's base money reward.
- Can now easily change the number of species lines expected for an encounter method.
- Probabilities for each species line for an encounter method no longer need to sum to 100.
- Scripts now allow for gaps in the National Pokédex.
- Centralised all code which gets a filename that involves an ID (e.g. icons, cries, charsets, etc.).
- Filenames which have an ID number in their name can now use an internal name instead. Affects:
- Pokémon sprites, icons, cries, footprints.
- Item icons, mail backgrounds, berry tree charsets.
- Trainer charsets, front sprites, back sprites, Town Map face icons, Vs animation graphics.
- Added a raft of new move animations.
- Added animations Common:HealthUp and Common:HealthDown.
- Added support for animations which show when a Poké Ball opens to capture a Pokémon (Common:BallBurstX, where X is the ball's number).
- Generally tidied up code for move effects.
- Made some tweaks involving what happens when for multi-hit moves.
- Oval Charm's percentages are now 40/80/88.
- EV-enhancing items now have an effect during breeding.
- When using an evolution stone, Pokémon will now say "able" or "not able".
- A received/obtained item's name is now shown in blue rather than red.
- Added new message tags
\pog (acts as
\r depending on the player's gender).
- Events with "noreflect" in their name will not have reflections in still water.
- Added trainer comment "Continue", which determines if the player can continue on if they lose the battle (applies to all rematches by default).
- Renumbered the Essentials-specific Global Switches.
- The shiny and fateful encounter switch numbers are now defined in the script section Settings.
- Added a NO_MONEY_LOSS Global Switch.
- Moved StorageCreator metadata to the script section Settings.
- Removed the unused TextSkin global metadata.
- Added quick method
- You can now leave out PBSpecies: when creating a new PokeBattle_Pokemon object.
- You can now leave out PBSpecies: when using
- Added more windowskins, and moved over to HGSS style.
- Put Nidorina and Nidoqueen in the Monster and Field egg groups.
- Tweaked skill levels of some trainer types.
- The chance of a Shadow Pokémon entering Hyper Mode after using a particular move is now higher if its heart gauge is lower (previously always 100%).
| Bug fixes:
- "Rename player" debug option now works.
- The "Your name?" message of choosing the player's name is now translatable.
- A partner trainer which the player has named now shows their proper name in battle.
- Fixed crash when adding a new trainer in-game or in the External Editor.
- In-game trading now actually replaces the old Pokémon with the new one.
- Leading zeroes in Pokémon IDs are now shown while trading.
- Bug Contest scores are now calculated without crashing the game.
- The default Pokédex name "Pokédex" is now used if the name required doesn't exist in the array in Settings.
- A bleep is no longer played when looking at the Info/Area/Forms pages in the Pokédex and pressing a direction you can't go in.
- Can no longer reorder a Shadow Pokémon's moves.
- Fixed crash when choosing a blank PC storage spot from the Purify Chamber.
- The Pokémon sprite in the storage screen now mosaics when swapping two Pokémon, and doesn't mosaic when placing a Pokémon down.
- Player now dismounts their bicycle when using Fly.
- Events now stop animating immediately once they stop moving.
- A Pokémon's weight can no longer go below 0.1kg.
- Fixed some strange controls in the battle command area.
- The critical hit message now can't appear if the attack was blocked by an ability, e.g. Lightningrod.
- Fixed confusion animation not showing over the correct Pokémon in some cases.
- Fixed some attack animations not involving the target when they should.
- "Call" now replaces "Run" in Shadow trainer battles.
- After snagging an enemy trainer's Shadow Pokémon, they now switch in another Pokémon (really this time).
- Removing a Pokémon from a party during double battles (e.g. by snagging it) may no longer duplicate the last Pokémon in that party if that party's owner has a partner.
- Removing a Pokémon from a party during double battles (e.g. by snagging it) may no longer mess up the party index of the other Pokémon in play from that party if that party's owner has no partner.
- The animation position "Screen" now works without crashing.
- Animation Editor's "Cell Batch" option now lets you choose ranges of cels and frames.
- Calmed down the responsiveness of the number range arrows in Animation Editor.
- Importing an animation within the Animation Editor now goes to the animation's first frame automatically.
- When an animation cel's properties are being edited, a preview of the cel and its changes is now shown (properly).
- After using an item on a Pokémon, the quantity in the Bag is updated before returning to the Bag screen.
- Items usable in battle but which aren't consumed can now actually be used.
- Fixed Big Root's effect.
- Poké Flute is now not consumed when used.
- Air Balloon now only pops because of damaging attacks.
- Sitrus Berry now heals 1/4 of the consumer's total HP.
- Amulet Coin and Luck Incense now cannot have their effects stopped by anything once their bearer has entered battle, and now apply to Pay Day's money in wild battles.
- Heavy Ball now returns a minimum catch rate of 1.
- Shadow Pokémon scent items now work on Shadow Pokémon rather than Pokémon in Hyper Mode.
- Shadow Pokémon scent items can now be used in battle (they solely snap Hyper Mode Pokémon back to their senses, due to problems with their regular effects).
- Abilities such as Big Pecks now don't work if the stat reduction was self-inflicted.
- Simple Beam and Worry Seed now work.
- Anticipation now only shudders because of damaging super-effective moves (except Counter et al.) and effective OHKO moves, and not because of Selfdestruct.
- Pokémon with the ability Dry Skin no longer lose/gain HP if the weather is negated by Cloud Nine or Air Lock.
- Magic Guard no longer prevents Pokémon from being poisoned by Toxic Spikes (although it still prevents the damage as normal).
- Forewarn and Frisk now work.
- Anger Point no longer applies if the bearer's substitute was hit instead.
- Various abilities including Storm Drain no longer work even if their bearer has fainted.
- Dry Skin, Volt Absorb and Water Absorb now heal the correct amount when hit by a move of the appropriate type.
- Justified, Rattled, Weak Armor, Absorb Bulb and Cell Battery now activate in a more appropriate place.
- Stench no longer stacks with the effects of King's Rock/Razor Fang.
- Gluttony no longer affects the use of Oran Berry and Sitrus Berry, both of which are now consumed at 50% HP or less.
- Hustle now only applies to damaging physical moves.
- Moves which hit multiple times in a row now have a separate flinch/additional effect chance for each hit (the effect part is only used by Twineedle).
- Moves which alter 2 or more stats in the same way (i.e. raise or lower) now only show the stat change animation once for all of them.
- Some moves with variable base power now have a minimum power of 1.
- Weather-inducing moves now have animations when used.
- Moves with recoil damage now round up rather than down, and no longer do recoil damage if they hit a substitute.
- Moves which would hit (damage) more than 1 Pokémon now do 25% less damage to each of them rather than 50%.
- Heart Swap now works.
- Work Up now targets the user.
- Copied moves gained by a Transformed Pokémon now have a max PP of 5.
- Thunder Wave is now the only status move with function code 007 which cares about type effectiveness (i.e. Glare now works on Ghost Pokémon).
- Twister (function code 78) can now hit Flying/Bouncing/Sky Dropping targets.
- Chatter's chance of causing confusion is now up to 10% rather than up to 30%.
- "Attract" common animation now also plays when a Pokémon becomes infatuated.
- Heal Bell/Aromatheray now show cure messages for the affected Pokémon in battle.
- Tweaked Psycho Shift's effect to make more sense.
- Defense Curl now shows an animation when used.
- Tailwind now lasts for 4 rounds after the one in which it was used.
- Rearranged Rollout's code.
- Mimic can now not copy a Shadow move, and the mimicked move now has full PP.
- Sketch can now not copy a Shadow move.
- Conversion now ignores itself when looking for a new type.
- Conversion 2 now considers the target's last used attack rather than the last attack taken by the user.
- Transform and Imposter no longer copy gender or form properties (the transformed appearance is unaffected).
- Psywave now uses one of 101 damage multipliers rather than ones of 11.
- Metal Burst now deals 1.5x damage rather than 2x.
- Pursuit's effect now belongs to function code 88 rather than Pursuit itself.
- Stored Power now works.
- A Raging Pokémon now shows the StatUp animation when its Rage builds.
- Present's healing effect is now affected by type immunities and will cause a Normal Gem to be consumed.
- Mud Sport and Water Sport now weaken their moves to 1/3 power rather than 1/2, and fail if any battler has used it already (not just the user).
- Lock-On/Mind Reader now fail if the target has a substitute.
- Foresight/Odor Sleuth/Miracle Eye now fail if the target is already being affected by it.
- Mirror Move now copies the last move the target used, and uses it against the target.
- A move called by Sleep Talk now targets the opposite battler by default.
- Sleep Talk can now not choose Nature Power.
- Assist can no longer call upon moves known by an egg.
- Imprison no longer fails if the opponents don't know any move the user knows.
- While being Heal Blocked, can no longer use Aqua Ring or Ingrain moves, Leftovers won't have an effect, and Poison Heal Pokémon will neither gain nor lose HP.
- Being Heal Blocked now negates the effect of Water Absorb, Volt Absorb and the heal-by-Water-move part of Dry Skin.
- Heal Block is now Baton Passable, and no longer lasts forever.
- Can now choose the target of an Encored move.
- Fury Attack et al. now have the Gen 5 chances for each number of hits.
- Beat Up now works like in Gen 5.
- Whirlwind can now hit airborne semi-invulnerable targets.
- Fissure can no longer hit a Pokémon in the middle of using Dig.
- Pokémon are now invulnerable in the middle of using Shadow Force.
- Trapping moves now last for 4-5 rounds, including the round they were used in.
- Outrage now stops if it misses.
- Recover now rounds up rather than down.
- Roost now causes the user's Flying type to be ignored for the rest of the round, in type effectiveness calculations of other moves only.
- Wish now provides half of the Wish user's max HP, rounded up.
- Rest now shows its move animation.
- Absorb now rounds up rather than down.
- Heal Pulse is now blocked by a substitute, rounds up rather than down.
- Selfdestruct's user now animates their HP depletion, which now occurs after the move animation.
- Memento's user now animates their HP depletion which now occurs at the end of the move's effect.
- Memento's use is no longer stopped by Protect, although its stat decreasing is.
- Healing Wish/Lunar Dance now show their animation before depleting the user's HP, which is now animated.
- Fixed alleged early return from Perish Song's effect.
- False Swipe's damage limiting now overrides effects like Endure and Focus Sash (i.e. their messages aren't shown).
- U-turn/Volt Switch will no longer require a switch if it caused the opponent's last Pokémon to faint.
- Thunder, Hurricane and Blizzard now have base accuracies of 100% in beneficial weather, rather than always hitting.
- Stealth Rock now does a minimum of 1 damage.
- Pay Day's effect now works even against a substitute.
- Brick Break now breaks Light Screen/Reflect after damage calculation (even if it did no damage), and its damage isn't reduced by Reflect/Light Screen.
- Helping Hand now applies even if Reflect/Light Screen are being ignored.
- Rapid Spin now ignores substitutes, and only works if the user hasn't fainted while using the move.
- Focus Punch now shows its "focussing" message immediately after switching and before any moves are used.
- Follow Me/Rage Powder now show their animations, and cancel the user's partner's Follow Me/Rage Powder.
- Shadow Half now works.
- Shadow End now doesn't deal recoil damage if it hit a substitute.
- Destiny Bond, Grudge, Sticky Barb and thawing due to being hit by a Fire move now work in multi-hit moves.
- Acupressure should now work (added code for its targeting option).
- Metronome now shows its move animation, and fixed an extremely unlikely infinite loop.
- Roar now shows its animation in wild battles.
- Mimic, Sketch, Sleep Talk, Assist, Metronome and Encore now blacklist function codes rather than individual moves (although Metronome also blacklists individual moves too, namely some signature moves).
- Many other references to individual moves now refer to function codes instead.
|| 23rd December, 2012
- Added Gen 5 Pokémon.
- Added Mystery Gift scripts.
- Added Tile Puzzle mini-games.
- Added Vs. trainer animation by Luka S.J (tweaked by Maruno).
- Tweaked parts of the example maps.
- The Tiall Region now has wild encounters.
- Tweaked some tilesets.
- Rearranged and improved the Pokémon debug menu.
- Added debug options "Rename Player" and "Randomise Player's ID"
- Added common animations: Sleep, Paralysis (by Brother1440), Burn (by Maruno).
- Added placeholder animations: Poison, Frozen.
- Added move animations: Block, Fire Blast, Foresight, Mean Look, Scary Face (by Brother1440).
- A Fire-type Hidden Power can now defrost its target.
- AI now considers NPC trainers' skill level (their base money) when deciding which moves to use.
- Minor addition of some effects to the AI score calculations.
- Added a new move target option: "OppositeOpposing" (used for Curse).
- Fling now names the item that was flung.
- Added Global Variable which records the number of times the Elite Four have been beaten.
- Added Global Switch which makes any generated Pokémon a fatefully encountered one.
- Partner trainers now stay out of single battles against single trainers.
- Added Pokémon property
obtainText, which overrides the
obtainMap's name if it is not
pbGenerateEgg now has a second parameter for
- Eggs from the Day Care now say they were received from the Day-Care Couple.
- Breeding now has an 80% chance of the mother passing down their ability (unless it's a Hidden Ability).
- Added Pokémon property
fused, which records the details of another Pokémon fused with it.
- Changed and improved how ribbons work.
- Mail now records all the variables about the featured Pokémon that Pokémon icons can depend on.
- Added form-specific EV yield for Kyurem.
- Added effect for DNA Splicers.
- Added Setting: STORAGEBOXES.
- Added Setting for Map View Mode, and removed the choice from the Options screen.
- Bag pocket names and Dex names will now be extracted for translation like (almost) all other text, rather than be special cases.
- The Pokédex's Regional Dex list screen can now show up to 5 Dexes (plus "Exit") at once, and will scroll if necessary.
- Improved how nest points are displayed, including removing overlaps between highlighted squares.
- Removed Arceus's forms from being shown in the Pokédex; now just the regular form is available.
- Removed an unnecessary restriction on when to show the "registered" icon in the Bag.
- The cycing music now always overrides the regular music.
- The "Erase event" event command now works identically to
- Added map metadata "MapSize", which allows 1 map to span more than 1 square on the region map.
$PokemonMap.bridge is now a number (the height of the bridge, default 2) rather than a boolean.
- Fixed default graphic for a berry plant.
- Mart screen now uses the gold windowskin for its money box.
- Tweaked messages shown when obtaining/finding an item.
- You can now choose your own name for exported animations.
Kernel.pbMessageFreeText now has a definable width for its text box (default 240).
- The text entry box for typing in mail messages is now as wide as the screen.
- Added method
- Added method
- Added method
Kernel.pbChooseItem for simple choosing of an item in the Bag.
- Removed the 4 item limit for trainers.
- The splash screen now plays a random cry when closing.
| Bug fixes:
- Fixed crash in nest screen.
- Fixed crashes involving diving.
- Fixed various bugs in the example maps.
- Escape Rope is no longer consumed if it can't be used.
- The level-changing encounter modifier now applies to the Dungeon map as intended.
- The move route setting "Ignore if can't move" now works again.
- Can no longer have encounters on ice tiles.
- Resting and returning to a Battle Frontier challenge now uses the correct move routes.
- Shiny Charm now only affects Day Care eggs if they would use the Masuda method, and now has the correct multiplier for wild Pokémon (3x rather than 4x).
- Can now dismount the bicycle in really tall grass.
- Entering a map with the same name as the previous map now retains the old map's weather (or lack thereof).
- Trainer events still called "Trainer" no longer regenerate their comments if they are deleted.
- The move Outrage now works properly during its final use.
- Curse's Ghost effect now works.
- Pokémon now immediately stop using a multi-hit attack if they faint between hits.
- Pokémon should now faint properly when knocked out by Rough Skin and similar effects.
- Fixed end of round effects not working to completion.
- Opponents can no longer use the exact same item on both their Pokémon at the same time.
- Details for a region map square which depend on a Global Switch are now never shown on wall maps.
- Recording a species' alternate form as seen now records that species' base form as seen instead if it doesn't list any alternate forms in the Pokédex (i.e. in "pokemon.txt").
- The PBS file "types.txt" now uses the internal names of moves in the weaknesses/resistances/immunities lines as intended, rather than the display names.
- The error message caused by a Pokémon being incorrectly defined in the PBS file "pokemon.txt" now indicates the correct section (its National Dex number).
- Keyboard-typed text via
Kernel.pbMessageFreeText (i.e. when
USEKEYBOARDTEXTENTRY=true) is now exactly the text entered, without the extra "return" character in it.
- Sprite-repositioning methods in the External Editor now work properly with sprites which aren't 160 pixels tall.
- Blank animations (i.e. 1-frame animations) in the Database animation editor no longer overwrite Essentials Animation Editor animations.
|| 22nd October, 2012
- Created all-new tilesets (from FRLG, plus a few custom tiles), and fully imported them into Essentials with all properties set. Credit to Maruno if used.
- Created all-new charsets (from FRLG). Credit to Maruno if used.
- Created all-new example maps.
- They include many more features than the old maps.
- Created an all-new "trainertypes.txt", filled with FRLG trainers.
- Updated PBS file "tm.txt" to include all Gen 4 and Gen 5 move tutor moves (including B2W2 ones).
- Added "PlayerA" metadata entries for fishing and fishing-while-surfing charsets.
- Updated all Pokémon to their B2W2 movesets and BaseEXP values.
- Charsets which include the word "offset" will be shifted 16 pixels (half a tile) downwards.
- Tweaked reflections accordingly, and improved/generalised the y-shifts for reflections.
- Player now constantly bobs and slowly animates while surfing or diving.
- Greatly improved the bridges scripts.
- The day/night shading no longer depends on the date - all days are identical now.
- When a Repel runs out, the game will now immediately ask if you want to use another one.
- Changed the Bug Catching Contest score calculation to something similar to HGSS.
- Roaming Pokémon actually work now.
- Tweaked the possible roamer encounter types, and added one for fishing encounters.
- Shadow Pokémon sprites/icons are no longer automatically shaded purple.
- A Shadow move now directly replaces the regular move in the same position in the moveset (i.e. a Pokémon with 1 Shadow move may only relearn its 2nd, 3rd and 4th regular moves).
- Shadow Pokémon now have access to all their moves (including regular ones) while they're owned by an enemy trainer.
- Breeding with an Everstone now always causes the holder's nature to be inherited, and works for both parents (50/50 chance of each if both parents have an Everstone).
- Masuda method increased to 6x normal probability.
- Added Setting: Maximum number of Game Corner coins.
- Moved roaming Pokémon details to the script section Settings.
- Added Debug options: "Roaming Pokémon Status", "Advance Roaming".
pbShowMap can now define which region it shows (the current region by default), and whether it is a wall map being looked at ("true" by default).
- The Region map/nest map can now show extra graphics in fixed locations depending on Global Switches (e.g. for discovered hidden areas).
- Nest maps now don't show a nest location on any squares that are hidden (i.e. whose Global Switch is OFF).
- Added new items: DNA Splicer, Reveal Glass, Oval Charm, Shiny Charm.
- DNA Splicer's effect has not been added. Oval Charm's effect is a placeholder which halves the chance of NOT getting an egg each cycle.
- Added form differences for Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Kyurem and Keldeo.
- Tweaked where each form of Burmy/Wormadam resides.
- Abilities which activate upon their bearer entering battle now activate after all switching-in has happened rather than immediately after each switch-in (Anticipation, Download, Forewarn, Frisk, Imposter, Intimidate, Trace, weather inducers).
- Tweaked code for using held berries in battle.
- Rearranged the end-of-battle-round effects to match how BW works.
- The move Outrage now causes its confusion as part of the move's effect, rather than at the end of the battle round.
- Focus Punch's "tightening its focus" message now appears immediately before use, rather than at the beginning of the round.
- The move Skill Swap now states which abilities were swapped.
- Hidden Power calculations are now done in a stand-alone method.
- Improved Triple Triad (better graphics, more rules, added ways to set rules/opponent's deck/prize card, bug fixes).
- Created method
pbChooseItemFromList (used for fossil revivers/Kurt/Repel's renewal).
- Any move defined with a total PP of 0 is an infinite-use move, and isn't affected by PP alterations.
pbPokemonMart can now use items listed as
:POTION as well as
$Trainer values which may be used with Mystery Gift.
- Added text display option
\CN, which shows a coins window similar to
- Improved the appearance of the gold/coins windows.
- Default BGM volume reduced from 100 to 80.
- Tidied up the contents of a few script sections.
- Added a Hall of Fame script.
- Removed the existing MySQL support because it doesn't work.
- Added pocket icons in the messages saying a newly-obtained item has been put away.
- Pre-v9 "PkmnAnimations.rxdata" files now have their animations displayed properly.
- Tweaked the Pokédex screens to allow larger sprites (up to 192x192).
| Bug fixes:
- Shaymin's Sky Forme now has the correct cry.
- Corrected names of berry tree charsets.
- Shadow Pokémon owned by an enemy trainer can now never be shiny.
- Shadow Pokémon can no longer breed, but they can still be placed in the Day Care and have their Heart Gauge lowered that way.
- Stats affected by nature are no longer indicated (via text colours) for a Shadow Pokémon whose nature isn't revealed.
- Evolution stones and Rare Candy can no longer be used on Shadow Pokémon.
- Move Tutors, Move Relearner and TMs/HMs now cannot teach any moves to Shadow Pokémon.
- Shadow Pokémon now begin with all of their Shadow moves, and relearn their regular moves at the correct times.
- After snagging an enemy trainer's Shadow Pokémon, they now switch in another Pokémon immediately.
- The player now jumps to the same height to begin/end surfing as when hopping a ledge (it looks nicer this way).
- Fixed crash involving roaming Pokémon with custom roaming paths trying to roam.
- Long grass under a bridge no longer causes the bush effect while the player is going over the bridge.
- The teleport-type particle effects now work.
- The player's still water reflection is now only drawn once, for the current map.
- The ability Iron Fist now works.
- The ability Poison Heal no longer shows its message/poison animation if the bearer is at full HP, and only increases the Toxic count if badly poisoned.
- The correct amount of money is now gained from Pay Day.
- The moves Counter and Mirror Coat no longer work on moves that missed the user.
- Pokémon using Outrage et al. now cannot be given the option to switch out if the opposing trainer replaces their fainted Pokémon.
- Disable and Cursed Body's effect now last for 4-7 turns, including the turn it was inflicted.
- Fixed status-curing berries not always working.
- Fixed messages sometimes appearing to state that an additional effect's status change couldn't happen.
- Pokémon who change forms during battle will now have their stats recalculated.
- A change in a battler's happiness (i.e. due to level up) now affects it immediately.
- Captured Pokémon added to the party are no longer healed.
- The "Player blacked out!" message no longer appears if the battle can be lost.
- Tweaked other battle-ending messages.
- The item Gracidea now needs to be used on a Shaymin to work, and a Shaymin reverts to its Land Forme upon fainting, being frozen or it being night.
- Fixed helper message not refreshing when cancelling/"no effect"ing using an item on a Pokémon's move.
- Can now export trainer types/items/etc. newly created in Essentials to their appropriate PBS file.
- Fixed some error messages relating to invalid values in "moves.txt".
- Fixed bug involving a certain compiling method of a repeated sequence which includes an enumerable value (doesn't affect anything currently in Essentials).
|| 11th August, 2012
- Added Setting:
POCKETAUTOSORT, an array of which Bag pockets auto-sort themselves by item ID number.
- Pockets which auto-sort themselves cannot be manually rearranged.
- Added Setting;
USENEWEXPFORMULA to toggle between the old and new Exp calculation formulae.
- Added Setting: Number of badges needed to boost each stat in battle.
- Strength can now be used from the party screen anywhere, not just when in front of boulders, and now cannot be used if already in use.
- Field moves can now freely be used in Debug mode again, without needing to hold Ctrl.
- The escape point for Escape Rope/Dig now works differently.
- The map-specific metadata "EscapePoint" was deprecated and removed from the game.
- Roaming Pokémon are now defined individually rather than per species (i.e. more than 1 roamer per species is now allowed).
- Roaming Pokémon should now actually work.
- Consumable items can now be used on Pokémon repeatedly while you still have any.
- The trading animation now shows the correct Poké Balls the Pokémon are in.
- Added mining mini-game.
- Triple Triad cards of Normal/something-type Pokémon are now the "something" type rather than Normal.
- Added item effect: Power Herb.
- Added calls to common animations for weather at end of rounds (the animations themselves don't exist, though).
- Improved messages returned by
pbThis in battle.
- Tweaked scss error to better explain itself, and to allow the player to delete the save file and start anew.
- Replaced all (appropriate) individual calls to
Time.now with a call to a single method found in PokemonTime.
pbHasEgg? now does its job, and returns whether the given species can be legitimately found as an egg (including Manaphy and Roselia et al.).
- Rearranged some script sections, including PokemonUtilities.
- Remade def
pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies to be more complete; it now also supports Shadow sprites (although they're currently still shaded purple by the game).
- Remade def
pbPokemonIconFile to be more complete; it now also supports gender, shiny and Shadow icons (i.e. everything that
- The Pokédex forms page was improved by using the above updated methods.
- Reduced the limit on the usable move flags to "p" inclusive.
- The PBS file "moves.txt" now includes all proper move flags again.
- Removed the blank entry in the "PlayerA" metadata.
- Reduced file size of Slots win music by 90%, saving about 1MB.
- Added windowskin "signskin.png".
| Bug fixes:
- In the Summary screens, the background colours of stats affected by the Pokémon's nature are now the right way around (red=boosted, blue=lowered).
- Can no longer try to rearrange a Bag pocket with only one item in it.
- The Move Relearner now works.
- The Move Deleter's "choose a move" screen now displays properly.
- The "seen forms" array now expands itself properly when adding new species but still using an older save file.
- The Debug option "Fill boxes" now expands the "seen forms" array properly.
- It no longer becomes day between around 11:00pm and midnight.
- The method
expiredDays? (as used in the Lottery) now works properly in any time zone, not just UTC.
- Fixed crash when trying to start a double battle.
- The ability Prankster now works.
- The ability Zen Mode should now change Darmanitan's form properly.
- The ability Bad Dreams now only applies to sleeping Pokémon.
- The move Punishment now works.
- The move Brick Break's message timing is now fixed.
- The move Camouflage now works for AI-controlled Pokémon.
- The move Pursuit now works.
- Fixed moves with function code 0EE showing their animation twice.
- Fixed moves with function code 04A potentially showing the stat-lowering animation twice.
- Fixed some status moves not showing the animation (Will-O-Wisp, etc.)
- The item Black Sludge no longer damages Poison Pokémon with full HP.
- Several damage-altering items/abilities now work.
- Weather induced by an ability now persists forever, not just for 5 rounds after the bearer leaves battle.
- The effect of Toxic Spikes now works and doesn't bug up using other moves.
- Pokémon now survive poisoning properly when leaving a battle with 1HP.
- All available move flags are now compiled and saved properly, not just up to "h".
- Corrected the additional effect chances of the moves Fiery Dance and Flame Charge.
|| 10th July, 2012
- Added and improved many ability effects.
- Added and improved many item effects.
- Added and improved many move function code effects.
- Pokémon now change forms during battle.
- Changed how items are saved during battle; they now restore themselves at the end of battles where appropriate.
- Exp Share, Lucky Egg and all Macho Brace-like items apply even while knocked off.
- The following properties of a Pokémon can now be form-specific:
- Base Exp yield (none).
- EV yield (Deoxys, Wormadam, Shaymin, Darmanitan, Meloetta).
- Wild Pokémon's held items (Basculin).
- Weight (Giratina, Shaymin).
- Added form difference details for Gen 5 Pokémon.
- Recording a form as seen should now work with older savegames.
- Renamed existing animation types (to "Target" and "Both battlers").
- Added animation type: "Screen" (cels are never moved, doesn't include battler sprites). Not related to the old "Screen" (which is now called "Both battlers").
- Cels in animations with position "Both battlers" can now have either higher (1) or lower (0) priority. Lower priority cels are drawn first; default is higher priority.
- Added Debug options: "Set Player Character", "Set Badges".
- The Debug option "Add Item" now lists items alphabetically rather than by ID number.
- Added confirmation message to the External Editor's "Reposition all sprites" option.
- The winning Lottery number now depends on the day, and isn't changed via resetting the game.
- The Lottery can now be played any number of times per day (until there is a win), and the example event now resets at midnight rather than after 24 hours.
- Deleted the script section PokemonBoxManager, and all related code.
- Simplified trading by removing parameters from
- You can now pre-create a Pokémon to receive from a trade (and must, if you want to define its gender/shininess/form/item).
- Added method
- Touched up Regional Storage scripts.
- The Poké Mart now uses "itemBack.png".
$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail is no longer cleared when changing regions.
- Improved accuracy/evasion calculations.
- Lowered the player's jumping height.
- Improved the appearance of the darkness circle in dark maps.
- Added move box graphic and type icon for the Shadow type.
- Added a mini-game event into the example maps.
| Bug fixes:
- The example speech text window in the Options screen now changes with the font again.
- Fixed glitchy speech text windows when using the PC (
\sign[X] message commands no longer glitch up some differently-sized windowskins.
- Accented characters can now be typed in when naming something.
- The top-left PC in the computer bank in Test Map 2 now calls the correct method to get the storage creator's name.
- While diving, when in a place you could surface but you're not able to do so, a yes/no choice is no longer shown along with the message saying that you could surface.
- Using the field move Waterfall from the party screen will no longer crash the game.
- The camera no longer tracks too far at the end of sliding on ice.
- Pokémon whose form is determined automatically by the "getForm" procedure now have their form recorded as seen by the Pokédex (Giratina/Shaymin/Arceus/Deerling/Genesect).
- Pokémon whose form is determined automatically by the "getForm" procedure now have their stats recalculated whenever their form changes (only matters for Giratina/Shaymin).
- Fixed crash when a newly purified Pokémon regains enough Exp to level up.
- Roaming Pokémon no longer roam when player moves between two maps with the same name.
- Roaming Pokémon can now be encountered on maps with the same name (in the same region) as the one the roamer is actually currently on.
- Eggs with Pokérus only start counting down their infection time once they hatch.
- Encounter rate-affecting abilities are no longer considered if the bearer is an egg.
- The player is now forced to dismount their bicycle (and end surfing/diving) when registering a partner trainer.
- The Move Relearner now gives the correct movelist for the Pokémon's form.
- The winning Lottery number is now padded to 5 digits.
- Type effectiveness calculations now return the correct value in all cases.
- Critical hits now favour higher attacking stat stages and lower defending stat stages, rather than the opposite.
- The command buttons in battles now appear properly when using RGSS2.
- A foe trainer's Pokémon being frozen no longer may make it and any higher-numbered battlers skip their turns.
- Corrected the message shown when the ability Ice Body activates.
- Struggle's recoil damage is now 1/4 of the user's total HP.
- When ending a battle with a poisoned Pokémon at 1HP, and Pokémon are set to survive poisoning, it will now survive rather than faint.
- Copying and pasting cels and frames in the Animation Editor now works.
- Hopefully properly fixed the issue regarding the Editor putting quote marks around the "BattleBack" metadata.
- Fixed crash in a Debug option involving a nature of
- Creating a new trainer/trainer type during game compilation will no longer crash the game (although it needs to be compiled again before the new trainer will work).
|| 15th May, 2012
- Improved the Debug options in the Party screen and Pokémon storage screen, and added the following:
- "Set HP/Status", "Toggle Shiny", "Set Happiness", "Forget Move", "Reset Movelist", "Make Shadow", "Lower Heart", "Change Values"
- Removed the "Toggle menu" Debug options in the Pause menu's debug menu.
- Improved the Debug options in the Pause menu's debug menu, and added the following:
- "Refresh Map", "Ready Phone Rematches", "Check Day Care", "Force Day Care Egg", "Test Double Wild Battle", "Test Double Trainer Battle"
- HM moves can now be forgotten in Debug mode.
- When using moves outside battle by interacting with something during Debug mode, Ctrl must be held to make it work if it otherwise wouldn't.
- Added override flags for a Pokémon's gender, nature and shininess, and easy methods for changing them. Changing them no longer affects the personal ID, just the flag.
- Changed and increased the information that can be defined for a trainer's Pokémon.
- Trainer-owned Pokémon now have the appropriate form-specific movesets (if no custom moveset was defined).
- Wild Pokémon, Pokémon obtained in a trade, and eggs from Day Care - if their forms are set automatically upon creation, they will now have the appropriate form-specific movesets.
- Deoxys/Rotom/Giratina/Shaymin/Arceus now have the "onSetForm" procedure, which records the new form as being seen (required as they can change their form naturally).
- Wormadam's form is now set upon its creation in the same way as Burmy (but it won't change afterwards) - this just allows wild Wormadam with Sandy/Trash Cloaks.
- Unown's form no longer depends on its personal ID, and is instead randomly set when created.
- Added "FormNames" as a property that can be defined in the PBS file "pokemon.txt".
- The Pokédex Forms page now fully works.
- Added setting
ALWAYSSHOWALLFORMS, which relates to the Forms page of the Pokédex.
$Trainer.formseen (a 3D array of all forms that have been seen) and
$Trainer.formlastseen (a 2D array of the last form looked at for each species).
- Added def
pbSeenForm(poke) for easy recording of a form (used by default in any Pokémon-seeing/gaining situation, including Debug options).
- Added Slot Machine mini-game.
- Added Voltorb Flip mini-game.
- Improved how the credits scroll, and removed the Easter Egg.
- The Options screen now has an example message text box.
- Random phone calls can now use the morning and evening greetings.
- OutdoorLight now works again.
- The low battery warning no longer offers to save the game, to avoid potential problems to do with saving in awkward places.
- Superficially tweaked the "using field move" animation.
- The phrase
\PN in a map's name is now replaced by the player's name.
- When using Ether et al., each move's PP is now also displayed.
- In the Summary screens, the stat names are coloured to show how they are affected by the Pokémon's nature.
- Overhauled how a Pokémon gains/loses happiness, and corrected all values.
- Added Pokérus.
- Added switch
$PokemonGlobal.snagMachine - if it is TRUE, then all Poké Balls are Snag Balls.
- Added array
$Trainer.shadowcaught which stores the species of captured Shadow Pokémon.
- The BGM for each Roaming Pokémon can now be defined.
- Charcoal et al. now boost all moves of their type, and by 20%.
- All damaging moves now have flag f (affected by King's Rock) set.
- All unimplemented function codes now behave as unimplemented moves.
- Foreign language Pokémon now have an Exp multiplier of 1.7 (same language Pokémon not originally owned by the player still have a 1.5 multiplier).
- Pokémon obtained in a trade now have 0 chance to be shiny if they're supposed to be non-shiny.
- Added "canlose" parameter to
- Fixed typo in "transferred to Box 1" message in battle.
- A species' Kind can now be up to 13 characters long (bf. 12).
- The "Change Windowskin" event command now works, although is likely useless.
- Tweaked positions of some Pokémon sprites/altitudes.
- Corrected Lure Ball's icon.
- The trimming of text skins and the positioning of text within them now depends on the dimensions of the skin, rather than on txt files (which didn't compress).
- Fixed the DP "Power Clear" font - you should delete it from your computer, and let Essentials re-install it.
- Removed all non-existent messages from the extracted text file.
- Removed notes and advanced notes files, and removed all reference to the notes from the scripts (they now refer to the wiki instead).
| Bug fixes:
- A trainer's intro music now stops when the battle begins.
- Default battle backgrounds should now be chosen correctly.
- Back sprites in battle are now positioned as bottom-aligned rather than centre-aligned.
- Wild Shiny Pokémon now sparkle after colouring in, not before.
- The order in which battlers move in double battles is now decided properly.
- Using a move that defrosts the user will now defrost the user.
- Browsing the Party screen during battle now changes the selection properly.
- The Party screen opened in battle when using an item now works.
- Using Revive in a double battle while you only have one battler out now works properly.
- In double battles while choosing your second Pokémon's action, you can now go back and re-choose the first Pokémon's action in double battles (unless it was "use an item", as that is instant).
- There is now a gap between the Attack phase and End Of Round phase in battle.
- Ability Trace should no longer copy a fainted Pokémon's ability.
- Happiness is no longer gained when defeating an enemy trainer.
- Fixed crash in battles when trying to send a caught Pokémon to storage and the storage creator has been seen.
- Caught Pokémon transferred to Pokémon storage are now healed.
- Pokémon no longer gain Exp after snagging a Shadow Pokémon.
- Snag Balls now work when there are two opposing battlers.
- A newly caught Shadow Pokémon now has a full Heart Gauge (previously it had lost some due to being sent out in battle by the opponent).
- Partner trainers now heal the player's and their own Pokémon after all battles.
- Ability Honey Gather now depends on the Pokémon's level.
- The player's party is now returned to normal upon leaving a Battle Tower/Factory/Arena/Palace challenge.
- Level adjustments in the Battle challenges should now work properly.
- "Cancel" now works while choosing between Level 50 and Open Level challenges in the Battle Tower/Arena/Palace.
- All record-showing events for Battle challenges now show the correct records.
- Win streaks in Battle challenges are now recorded properly.
- Confirming less than 3 Pokémon while choosing for a Battle challenge no longer crashes the game.
- The darkness expanded by Flash no longer disappears completely after a battle in the dark map.
- Reflections of all events on still water are now shifted upwards underneath those events, not just the player's.
- Berries can now be planted without crashing the game.
- The player can no longer run while being forced to move via a Move Route.
- The \wt commands in random phone messages now work.
- Can no longer use the Bicycle while you have a dependent event.
- The Poké Mart example no longer lists POKeBALL with a lower-case "e".
- A TM/HM's full name is now shown in the Poké Mart's messages.
- The party tab now appears when choosing "Deposit Pokémon" in Pokémon storage.
- Pokémon storage icons now refresh upon giving/taking an item from them.
- Pokérus status in Summary screens is now overridden by the Pokémon's actual status, rather than the other way round.
- Fixed position of the "Pokérus cured" icon in Summary screens.
- When using HP Up/Revives/Rare Candy/other items that can change HP/level/status, the changes are shown immediately.
- Can no longer switch Bag pockets while rearranging items.
- The Purify Chamber no longer crashes upon attempting to purify a Pokémon.
- Can now cancel choosing a Pokémon in the debug options "Add Pokémon" and "Test Wild Battle".
- A Shedinja created by evolution now has no ribbons, item or markings, is in a Poké Ball, and is fully healed. It can only appear if the player has a spare Poké Ball, which is consumed.
- Game no longer crashes when trying to fix a "missing trainer" problem.
|| 23rd April, 2012
- Changed default screen size to 512x384. This involved redesigns of the following:
- Intro screens.
- Splash (title) screen.
- Now includes a flashing "Press Enter" picture, and Ctrl+Down+X will now delete the existing savegame.
- Load game screen.
- Now also shows the player's location, party and Pokédex completion.
- Oak's lecture, including Controls Help and Adventure Help screen.
- Credits now always scroll properly, can't be skipped during their first play, and can have music defined.
- Pokédex screens.
- Rearranged info screens (Entry, Nest), and added Form screen (which is only basically functional at the moment).
- Party screen.
- Summary screens.
- Bag screen.
- Mail screen.
- Mail messages can now be 256 characters long (bf. 128). Holder-showing mail now shows 3 Pokémon rather than 1 (the holder and two next Pokémon in the party).
- Pokégear screen.
- Now allows easy customisation of the available apps.
- Region map screen.
- Phone screen.
- Now shows the contacts that are ready for rematches.
- Trainer card.
- Pokémon storage screen.
- Item storage screen.
- Poké Mart screen.
- Triple Triad.
- Battle screen.
- Command and Fight screen buttons are now picture-based.
- Improved various animations (withdrawing/calling out Pokémon, throwing Poké Balls), including making them depend on the positions of the relevant Pokémon.
- Improved how double enemy trainers call out their Pokémon at the start of battle.
- Generally sped things up.
- Changed how backgrounds are chosen.
- Sprite repositioner.
- Also improved the auto-position equations.
- Animation Editor.
- Added ability to define an animation's position, and to delete animations.
- Cursor-entry naming screen, and keyboard-entry naming screen.
- Updated transition graphics.
- Renamed various files.
- Replaced all Pokémon sprites with 160x160 ones.
- Updated pokemon.txt, and added a copy that includes Kanto/Johto regional numbers.
- Updated items.txt to include Gen 5 items, and rearranged/pruned items.
- Added new version of abilities.txt with full-length descriptions.
- Updated tm.txt with all current TMs/HMs and Gen 4/5 move tutor moves.
- Added in
$PokemonGlobal.startTime which records when the player started a new game.
- Added WildItemUncommon (5% chance) setting for a species, and made WildItemRare have a 1% chance instead. If all three are the same, the chance is 100%.
- Changed the way information is saved (to allow location to be shown in "Continue" load game screen).
- A Database animation is only copied across if the corresponding Animation Editor animation is 1 frame long (i.e. blank).
- Recompiled PkmnAnimations.rxdata to remove the blank frame at the beginning of each animation.
- Tweaked Pokémon Debug's "Show Values" option.
- Shadow Pokémon are now coloured as Shadow Pokémon everywhere.
- Completely changed ribbons data to make it simpler and allow more than 32 ribbons.
- Pokémon names ending in ♂♀ have them removed in the Party screen, Summary screens, battle boxes and Pokémon storage.
- A newly-caught species' Pokédex entry is no longer shown if the player doesn't have a Pokédex (although it is still recorded as being caught).
- The Phone is not available in the Pokégear if there are no numbers registered.
- Recoloured Spinda's spots/sprites.
- Updated Editor's scripts.
- Tweaked the cave entrance animation.
| Bug fixes:
- When using Page Down in a long list, the list no longer scrolls past the bottom and displays blank space.
- BGM should now be played at volume 100 by default.
- Fogs no longer jump around occasionally.
- Changed how Struggle is initialised when it isn't defined in moves.txt, to avoid a potential crashing problem.
- Corrected Curse's target in moves.txt.
- The ability Rivalry now works.
- Fast Ball now uses base Speed rather than current Speed.
- Heavy Ball can now be used.
pbChangePlayer now also changes the player's trainer type.
- Traded Pokémon now have the correct
- The Bag now remembers "Cancel" as a pocket's last index.
- The Pokédex entry screen background now shows when displaying the entry of a newly-caught species.
- Making a blank Pokédex search will no longer return unseen species (i.e. blank entries).
- Credits backgrounds now play from the start each time, rather than from where they left off last time.
- The trainer comments
Backdrop now work.
HiddenAbility no longer crashes the game (causing pokemon.txt to become corrupted) when it creates a new pokemon.txt.
RegionalNumbers are now saved when the game/Editor creates a new pokemon.txt.
pbSaveMoveData now saves a 3-digit function code.
pbAddForeignPokemon no longer gives the Pokémon a blank nickname.
- Quote marks around the Editor-generated
BattleBack metadata are now ignored, due to changes in how it is used.
- When an enemy trainer recalls a Pokémon in battle, it now shows the Pokémon being recalled.
- An error-like message no longer appears when entering a Bug Catching Contest.
- Compiling the game no longer erases any changes made with the Animation Editor.
- Animations converted from the Database no longer have a blank frame at the start.
- Animations can now be exported (although the user can no longer set the filename).
|| 28th January, 2012
- Added icons for the player's location and Fly destinations in the Town Map.
- Centred the Town Map and nest map on the screen, and added a background.
- Changed the demonstration Pokémon team, and gave them all the moves usable out of battle (except Milk Drink).
- Animation for using a move out of battle is now shown for all such moves (where appropriate).
- Added Sunny weather as a definable weather type for a map.
- Added the ability to set a roaming Pokémon's encounter type (current options: any reasonable, grass only, surfing only).
- Added def
Kernel.pbTransferUnderwater that allows for map transfers while remaining underwater.
- Allowed the foe's side of field in battle to shift vertically depending on the screen size.
- Rock Pokémon's Special Defence is now boosted by 50% in sandstorms.
- Updated the TM/HM list to Gen 5 version, and added compatibilities to "tm.txt".
- Added new version of the DP font, which includes the space character.
- Renamed trainer card graphics/background.
- Decapitalised species names and kinds in "pokemon.txt".
- Decapitalised trainer types.
- Added more door charsets.
- Added new versions of some water-related autotiles (including a new fountain autotile).
- Added cry file for Shaymin's Sky Forme.
- A Pokémon's base EXP is now saved in two bytes, thus allowing values above 255.
- Improved the handling of the screen zoom when starting the game.
- Options screen now shows only two screen size choices (removed the bordered options), which now depend on the actual screen size.
- Improved the phone: Registered trainers can now be rebattled, non-trainers can now be registered (Prof. Oak an example), can't call/be called by a contact if they're in a different region.
- Added dual column functionality to the credits, and added a couple more names.
- Improved breeding to include a chance of the egg inheriting the mother's hidden ability, and updated odds of Masuda method (parents of different languages are more likely to result in a shiny).
- Improved the error message involving lines beginning with '('.
- Added mySQL support.
- Added ability effects: Anger Point, Defeatist, Flare Boost, Heatproof, Honey Gather, Intimidate (out of battle), Iron Fist, Motor Drive, Quick Feet (out of battle), Rattled, Reckless, Rivalry, Sand Rush, Sand Veil (out of battle), Sap Sipper, Skill Link, Slow Start, Snow Cloak, Snow Warning, Tangled Feet, Toxic Boost.
- Updated ability effects: Blaze, Magic Bounce (message), Overgrow, Swarm, Torrent.
- Corrected move effects: Magic Coat (message).
| Bug fixes:
- Levelling up in battle no longer may cause some battlers to not gain Exp/gain it repeatedly.
- Trapping abilities no longer linger after the Pokémon with them faints and isn't replaced.
- Multi-hit moves that hit 2-5 times now have the correct probabilities for each number of hits.
- Tweaked calculation of money lost when losing a battle.
- The Pokédex viability now depends on the National Dex if the Dex depends on location but there isn't a regional Dex associated with the current location.
- The Pokédex now has the correct seen/owned values if the Dex depends on location but there isn't a regional Dex associated with the current location.
- Cries are now played when viewing the Pokédex entry screen.
- Pokédex selection arrows are now white where appropriate.
- Only trainers that can be rebattled will now ask to be added to the phone after battle.
- Moves can no longer be used out of battle by eggs.
- Reflections no longer get dragged by the top of the screen.
- Added 10 frame pause after playing the "bump into object" sound.
- Name Rater's event changed to allow the deleting of a nickname.
- When selling Triple Triad cards, the money box now updates itself.
- The evolution method "HasInParty" now works.
- Loading a game that was saved in a dark cave after using Flash now restores the darkness, rather than remove it completely.
- Font installer now checks the included fonts properly.
|| 24th December, 2011
- Added common setting: Array for custom naming trainers with particular trainer types (e.g. for rivals).
- Added common setting: Toggle between typing text entry and letter-choosing text entry methods.
- Added common setting: Toggle between surfacing anywhere and surfacing only where you could dive from above.
- Added common setting: Whether a move is physical or special can depend on either the move or its type.
- Added common settings: array of Dex names and the regions they correspond to (affects which nest map is shown), and toggle between location-based and manual chice of Dex list to show.
$Trainer.pokedexSeen can now return regional values if the region number is the argument (default is the National Dex values as before).
- Pokédex now only appears in Pause menu if there is at least 1 viable Dex list (i.e. unlocked and contains at least 1 seen species).
- Added Pokédex list menu screen for choosing which Dex to view, and reskinned Pokédex.
- Added support for hidden abilities, and included them in pokemon.txt.
- Added Debug option to change a Pokémon's ability.
- Tweaked the colours of Spinda's spots.
- Added support for different movesets for different Pokémon forms.
- Straightened out existing animations, and added a couple of new ones. Move animations just stretch now, and don't rotate.
- A move's animation can now depend on which side the user is on.
- Redrew a couple of maps, removed the default RMXP graphics tileset, and added some new autotiles.
- Added girl player character charsets, and renamed some pictures in Pictures folder.
- Trainers can now only be registered in the phone if the player has a Pokégear, and they ask first (and can ask after every battle).
- After cancelling/failing to use an item on a chosen Pokémon, no longer returns to the Bag automatically.
- Expanded darkness after using Flash now doesn't disappear until a non-dark map is entered (previously it disappeared when entering any new map).
- Poké Marts can now sell important items, but you can only buy 1 of each of them, and they disappear from the list afterwards.
- Overhauled berry planting: graphics are used, growth rates and yield depend on the berry, berries replant themselves a given number of times, etc.
- Added sooty grass and its collection into the Soot Sack.
- Terrain tags are now only referred to by name in the scripts, not by number.
- Compiled item balls won't have "::" before the PBItem anymore.
- Filled in PBS file "shadowmoves.txt".
- Removed "Machines" as a property that can be defined for a Pokémon species (it was unused).
- Party lineup animation at the start of trainer battles now includes a separate ball icon for Pokémon with status problems.
- Tweaked the positions of a region map's name/point name to not be pushed against the edges.
- Removed berry tag screen.
- Added ability effects: Adaptability, Big Pecks, Flame Body (out of battle), Ice Body, Iron Barbs, Justified, Magic Bounce, Magma Armor (out of battle), Quick Feet, Regenerator, Steadfast.
- Updated ability effects: Minus, Plus, Rough Skin, Effect Spore.
- Added item effects: All Incense items (breeding-related only).
| Bug fixes:
- Can now save changes made to trainer types in External Editor.
- Caught icon now appears properly in Safari battles, and doesn't cause the game to crash.
- The graphics of each page of a trainer event can now be changed separately.
- The trainer comment "VanishIfSwitch" now works properly.
- The move Struggle now works.
- Shadow moves can no longer be called by Assist or Metronome.
- Move effect 9B (Heat Crash/Heavy Slam) now returns the correct damage.
- Move effect 99 (Electro Ball) now returns the correct damage.
pbRemovePokemonAt can now delete the first Pokémon in the party.
- Moon Ball now works properly.
- Fixed minor error in the day/night system.
- Game no longer crashes when checking whether it's day/night/morning/afternoon.
- Fixed it never returning true when checking whether it's night.
- WildItemCommon and WildItemRare items are now stored in two bytes, not one (i.e. wild Pokémon can now hold any item up to number 65535, rather than 255).
- Index of "last species viewed" in the Pokédex is now stored separately for each Dex list (avoiding possible crashes due to invalid values).
- Can no longer cycle through really long grass.
- Can no longer fish/surf off the edge of cliffs.
- Scrolling fogs now tile infinitely in all directions.
|| 3rd October, 2011
- Renumbered all move function codes, and edited all related scripts (including AI).
- Defined some new move flags, 3 of which are used: thaws user, sound-based, high critical hit rate.
- Included some more move effects, and updated some existing ones.
- Included new version of moves.txt with all moves defined.
- Included new version of abilities.txt with all abilities defined, with shortened descriptions.
- Added more common settings: Initial money, max money, does fishing auto-hook, are TMs infinite use items, language array, Safari Zone steps, Bug Contest time (both can be 0 if infinite).
- Bag pocket names (and pockets themselves) are now easily defined in Settings.
- What you can do with an item in the Bag now depends on the item, not the pocket.
- Moves taught by TM/HM now inherit the PP of the move they replace.
- Added an "already caught" icon for enemy wild Pokémon.
- Slightly repositioned foe Pokémon position in single trainer battles.
- Doubled the rate at which the player/NPCs animate while walking.
- Added "Change Form" option to the Debug menu in the Pokémon storage screen.
- Decapitalised some more text.
| Bug fixes:
- HMs no longer have a "Give" option in the Bag.
- Changing the "zoom" common setting now does something.
- Fixed bug in External Editor where global metadata got jumbled up.
- Descending a waterfall no longer crashes the game.
- The nests map in the Pokédex now works.
- A Pokémon's icon in the party now refreshes after being given an item to hold from the Bag.
|| 13th August, 2011
- Added a new script section containing a number of common settings.
- Included credits for the kit in the in-game credits.
- External Editor has been updated to reflect previous changes.
- The location signpost will now not appear if the old and new maps have the same name (e.g. two halves of a single route).
- Can now add multiple items with
pbItemBall, and messages shown reflect what is being added (including "some Leftovers").
- Renamed trainernames.txt to trainertypes.txt for clarity.
- Trainer card background and card picture now have a default, plus an optional version for female players (default can be the male version).
- Bag background and bag picture now have a default, plus an optional version for female players (default can be the male version)
- Removed the "Saving... Don't turn off the power." message as it is unnecessary.
- Removed support for WiiRemote.
- Removed support for handwriting recognition.
- Expanded in-game trades to allow setting the pokémon's form and gender (because these can affect the sprite during the trading sequence).
- Expanded on
pbAddForeignPokemon to allow setting the OT's gender.
- Added second row of badges in picture file, to show how badges for multiple regions should be laid out.
- Allowed up to 8 players to be defined, rather than 4.
- Can no longer set the level of an egg given with
pbGenerateEgg - made it use
- TMs can now be tossed from the Bag.
- The position of the visibility circle in dark maps now depends on the screen size rather than separate variables.
- Using Flash in a dark cave now only expands the visibility to a larger circle, rather than to the full screen.
- The power of variable strength moves now shows as "???" rather than "---" in the Summary screen.
- Added footprints to the Pokédex for owned Pokémon.
- Decapitalised the PC menus.
- Battle screen elements now display in nice places for any screen size.
- The thrown Poké Ball trajectory (in battle, when throwing to capture) now looks better.
- Added LandMorning, LandDay and LandNight encounter types back in.
- Added Location and TradeSpecies evolution methods.
- Added more usable move flags (up to "t" inclusive) - they don't do anything yet, though.
- Added array
$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail that records the last 4 maps visited (including the current one).
- Added array
$PokemonGlobal.regionMapTrail that records the last 4 maps visited which are in different squares on the region map (including the current one).
| Bug fixes:
- The game no longer crashes upon capturing a Pokémon in the Safari Zone.
- Pokédex searching now only lists the Pokémon it should (seen Pokémon for alphabetical mode, owned Pokémon for other modes).
- The message stating that a Pokémon survived poisoning now shows the Pokémon's name.
- The move flag "e" now only denotes whether a move can be copied by Mirror Move (previously it also determined whether an accuracy check was done).
- In the Summary screen, Pokémon cries are no longer played when scrolling past the ends of the party.
- Videos will now close correctly when pressing the Cancel button.
- Shell Bell no longer doubles happiness gain by walking - Soothe Bell now does instead.
- SolarBeam now skips the charging turn in sunny weather.
- Bide's move details are now in the PBS file "moves.txt".
|| 26th July, 2011
- Renamed, moved and split various script sections.
- Renamed files/moved files/deleted unused files.
- "Downgraded" the day/night system to depend only on time (OutdoorLight effect no longer works as intended).
- Added support for species-specific egg sprites/icons.
- Running is now allowed everywhere.
- Added support for disabling location signposts for selected map transfers (useful for long routes spread over multiple maps).
- Created def
pbExclaim, which just shows an exclamation bubble (or other animation) - this is the first half of
- "trback" images now have 5 frames (1 standing + 4 throwing). They can still be 1 frame instead, though.
- Decapitalised text in pause menu and load menu, and nature names.
- Edited still water reflections: tweaked animation, repositioned reflection while surfing.
- Included all Pokémon icons and sprites for all forms, renamed them so they work immediately.
- Shaymin is now its Sky Forme if the player has a Gracidea, but only during the day and when it isn't frozen (this may not work properly in battle, though).
- Rotom now changes its second type depending on its form, as per Gen 5.
- Burmy and Shellos obtained as eggs from the Day Care will inherit their mother's form.
- Bag background and bag sprites now depend on the player's gender.
- Trainer card background now depends on the player's gender.
- Evolution animation now supports different sizes of sprites.
- Tweaked evolution animation slightly and added background image.
- Expanded in-game trades to allow setting the OT's gender, the received Pokémon's held item (which can lead to evolution) and its shininess.
- Traded Pokémon obedience now depends on the number of badges obtained, starting at 10 (no badges) then +10 levels per badge (8 badges=level 100 obedience).
- Updated the PBS file "items" with all Gen 4 items, and renamed the item icons accordingly.
- Added effects for all new Poké Balls (i.e. Gen 2 balls).
- Added a few more item effects.
| Bug fixes:
- All battlers can now move in double battles.
- Non-battlers now gain all experience from battles they participated in, and level up/learn moves properly.
- Eggs can now be generated in the Day Care.
- Regional Dex numbers can now be 0 (editor also allows this now).
- Players can no longer access the debug menu in Pokémon Storage during regular games.
- Experience bar is now shown in summary screen page 2.
- Marking Pokémon in Pokémon Storage no longer crashes the game.
- Using Surf from the party screen now requires the Surf badge (not the Cut badge).
- Using Waterfall to ascend a waterfall no longer crashes the game.
- Changing the speech frame in the Options menu now does so.
- Message shown when obtaining/finding a TM/HM now display the machine's move properly.
- Nest locations are only shown for the region being looked at.
- Triple Triad's library is no longer reset each time it is accessed.
- Sea Incense now works in battle.
- Parlyz Heal now works in battle.
- Arceus can now use the Zap Plate.
- Can no longer select an empty party slot in battle's party screen.
- Being burned no longer halves the power of the user's special moves.
- Fire moves in sunny weather, and Water moves in rainy weather, are now only 50% more powerful.
- Reflect now only reduces damage from physical attacks, and Light Screen now only reduces damage from special attacks.
- Using SolarBeam now only shows the "Bulbasaur used SolarBeam!" message once during the firing turn.
- Can now navigate around the party screen properly in double battles.
- Made the size of the Exp bar in battle depend on a single variable in all cases, for easy modification.
- When using an item on a Pokémon in a double battle, the party screen is now the double battle version.
- Item picture in Bag now refreshes properly.
- Item name in Bag is now red when selected for switching.
- HMs no longer have their quantity displayed in the Bag.
- Selecting "List top" in the Pokédex now takes you to the top of the list.
- Pokémon image now refreshes properly when selecting "List top" or "List bottom" in the Pokédex.
- Fixed crash involving filtering a long Pokédex list to a shorter one while looking at a high-numbered entry.
|| 5th September, 2010
|| 7th May, 2010
|| 3rd April, 2010
|| 7th January, 2010
- This is the latest version to include files required to set up a server (for multiplayer purposes).